- Order number: 410202
Enclosed Sensors: Temperature; rel. Humidity; Air pressure; Wind direction; Wind speed; E-compass; Global radiation
Assembled from the most accurate individual sensors, the result is a high precision smart sensor and not just one device for all purposes. For different applications we have different combinations of the individual sensors.
- Relative humidity is measured by means of a capacitive sensor element. The air temperature is captured by a precision NTC measuring element. Both sensors are integrated in an artificial ventilated radiation shield.
- The air pressure is measured with an MEMS (micro electro mechanical system) sensor.
- Ultrasonic sensor technology is used to take wind measurements. The integrated electronic compass can be used to check the north – south adjustment of the sensor housing for wind direction measurement. It is also used to calculate the compass corrected wind direction.
- Radar technology is used to measure precipitation. The precipitation sensor works with a 24GHz Doppler radar, which measures the drop size and speed of every single drop (rain/snow) and calculates precipitation quantity and type by correlating drop size and speed. WS401-UMB and WS601-UMB are using an unheated rain gauge for precipitation measurement.
- Optionally, the WS601-UMB and WS401-UMB can be equipped with a leaf wetness sensor in addition.
- The global radiation is measured by a special adopted CMP3 pyranometer from Kipp&Zonen mounted in the top cover of the compact weather station WS501-UMB and WS301-UMB. Models WS502-UMB and WS302-UMB are equipped with a silicon pyranometer with very short response time.
- All compact weather stations are equipped with a digital UMB (Universal Measurement Bus) output which corresponds electronically to an RS482, two wires, half duplex. The measurement output can be accessed by the following protocols: UMB-binary, UMB-ASCII as well as SDI-12 and Modbus.